NO MAKEUP MAKEUP
no... I'm not checking how a face lift would suit... just rubbing in bb cream with my fingertips!
I don't know if it's a by-product of working mainly from home, or if laid-back Queensland is starting to rub off, but I've been embracing a very low maintenance vibe when it comes to style lately. While I do still play at dressing up every now and then, I've finally mastered a true 'no makeup makeup' routine that's so quick and reliable I haven't deviated from it in months. This super natural, paired down look has won a heap of compliments lately so I thought it might be time for an updated beauty post sharing the holy grail products that've made the cut.
How I do 'No Makeup Makeup' in about 3 Minutes...
1. I start with a pea-sized daub of Garnier's oil-free bb cream dotted around the centre of the face and blend outward using just my fingertips.
2. Next with my ring finger I pat a little Bobbi Brown concealer under my eyes (where I'm dark) for extra coverage.
3. This is my top tip: The key to preventing under eye concealer from creasing and slipping is a specialised setting powder. Laura Mercier and Bare Minerals both do good ones, but I use the Bobbi Brown version that comes packaged with my concealer. It's slightly yellow tint brightens and helps counteract dark circles and it's so finely milled that when applied with a fluffy shadow brush it's not visible on the skin but still does the trick.
4. I then lightly powder down the centre of the face with Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
5. I don't use mascara for this look; instead a full, softly defined brow is the focus. To get the look just right I brush my brow hairs down, fill in the shape with light stokes of a blonde Anastasia brow pencil, then brush through again.
6. Using my favourite Clarins Double Fix mascara setting gel, I brush up and out through my brows to lock in the colour and shape.
7. The matte Bourjois Chocolate bronzer used as a contour in the hollows of my cheeks adds dimension and a finishing touch. It smells delicious, never appears orange and is difficult to over-apply.
8. A swipe of lip balm - Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream or Paw Paw ointment - finishes off the look.