POTATO SALAD WITH GREEN TAHINI DRESSING
Laid back summer days call for simple food that's easy to prepare. I haven't been spending much time in the kitchen at the cottage this week but the fresh Ontario produce is too good this time of year to not get excited about eating well.
This potato salad with green tahini dressing is one of my favourite dishes to keep stashed in the fridge for a quick snack post-swim or when friends stop by after the boats have been docked at sunset.
Potato Salad with Green Tahini Dressing Recipe
1. Wash and/or peel whichever delicious potatoes you have on hand and cut them into bit sized pieces.
2. Fill a pot with cold water, add in the potato pieces, and sit on the burner to simmer away.
3. When the potatoes are almost tender, add some frozen peas into the pot. I like a potato to pea volume ratio of about 2:1.
4. The peas only take a minute or two to cook. Drain and return the contents to the pot to cool while you blitz all the dressing ingredients together in your food processor.
Green Tahini Dressing:
1 cup tahini juice of 1 lemon 1 tsp honey 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1 cup fresh parsley & dill sprigs, lightly packed 1/4 tsp sea salt 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1/4 cup warm water 1 garlic clove
(makes about 500ml of dressing, so you'll have plenty left over for your next salad or sandwich!)
5. Toss the peas and potatoes in the dressing, add a few extra sprigs of herbs on top for cuteness, and enjoy warm or cold... this salad is fabulous either way!